BharatMatrimony recently conducted a survey to understand the most sought-after professionals among Indian men and women and the survey (sample size: 5000)has interesting findings:
- Finance professionals were the most favored marriage partners among Indian women.
- Fifty per cent of the women who took part in the survey, desired to marry finance professional when compared to software and medical professionals.
- Only 20 per cent of women preferred software and medical professionals as their life partners.
- Marketing professionals were the least sought after – with 10 per cent of the women voting in favour of this profession.
- 30 per cent of the men who took part in the survey preferred non-working women as their marriage partners.
- Finance professionals were the most preferred spouses, with 24 per cent votes for the males too.
The survey shows a clear decline in the choice of men to get married to teachers or professionals in education segment. Only eight percent of men preferred teachers as their life partner. It was also revealed that men were more particular about the profession of their life-partners than women.
Salary Vs. Personal Life
When it came to income expectations, nearly 70 per cent of the women expected their spouses to earn between Rs 50,000 and 1 lakh per month. But almost 20 per cent wanted to marry a man earning more than Rs 1 lakh per month. About 40 per cent believed that their profession stood in the way of getting married. Interestingly, 80 per cent felt that their profession played an interesting role for a successful marriage.
The times, they are a changing?
As far as geeks are concerned, they are better off spending more time on Facebook/Twitter. What says?