IndiaTimes has redesigned its homepage. Looks like redesign is the only answer that media biggies find to address the stagnant growth. The redesign seems to come form “Rediff did it, so even we should try it”, herd mentality.
Here are some features of the new design:
- The look and feel has more white into it.
- All the NEW tags have gone, thankfully.
- The text to background color contrast has diminished.
- All the element are mostly same except a time based browsing element.
- They are announcing “India’s Largest Music Store”, very soon.
And it has gone into Beta.
Its tough to say whether the traffic will be affected or not as only the homepage has been redesigned. But this will surely get Indiatimes some backlinks and give their PR a boost.
What do you think of this NEW design? Do you bother?
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He is the founder of FindYogi]