We earlier reviewed Infibeam PI, the ebook reader which supports PDF, ePub, HTML,MP3 etc formats and the company has now announced the launch of next version of Pi, i.e. Pi2.
Specifications/Features of Pi2
- 6″ E Ink Vizplex with Resistive Touch & Epson Display controller
- OS: Linux2.6.28
- Dimensions: 122 x 91 mm
- 600 x 800 pixels
- 166 dpi
- Black & White 8/16 grayscale
- No backlight. Daylight readable.
- USB Client (v2.0) . Mini USB B connector
- Battery life: Approx. 8000 pages (when battery is full charged and turn off wireless functions)
- Stylus Available for Navigation & Selection
- Button for 4-Way Navigation & Selection.
While this looks attractive, we recommend that you talk to a Pi owner (who has been using the device for more than 6-7 months), in order to understand the longevity of these devices (we will share the pictures of the device-after-6-months-of-usage by tomorrow).
All we can say is that Infibeam needs to go beyond being a Chinese importer of devices. If you are an Infibeam PI user, what has been your experience so far?