Here goes the daily Newsreel, our daily news roundup.
– Instagram celebrates its second birthday with over 100 million users and over 5 billion photos shared, read complete post here. This time birthday bash should be expensive with Facebook’s $300 million cheque (aside, Instagram is stupid and lame, thinks the world)
– Apple Offers An Official Explanation For The iPhone 5 Camera’s Purple Flaring Problem, read complete post here. What’s up Apple, after maps hiccups, its camera purple patch?
– Lufthansa airline to introduce internet services on board its India flights. This truly high-speed on board internet service allows Lufthansa passengers, in all three classes, read complete post here. Cool, enjoy cloud connectivity while on the air.
– Ethiopia’s central bank has chosen Chennai-based Polaris Financial Technology’s core banking solution (CBS) software – “Intellect Quantum CBS”, read complete post here. Banking continues to be India’s big product success, though its getting to be commodity.
– Eric Marlow joins Jump Games as Vice President of Global Studios: Reliance Entertainment Digital’s game division Jump Games has brought on board Eric Marlow as Vice President in charge of their Global Studios.
– India is becoming one of the big global hubs of analytics, a field that has math and statistics at its core. And everybody from MNCs to Indian startups is tapping into this capability, read complete post here. Analytics is India’s next (already?) Big thing? [aside, read our Analytics 101 posts].
– More details are starting to appear about the forthcoming LG Nexus device. Some of which are, well, rather shocking, read complete post here. The LG Nexus; Quad Core, Wireless charging, but maximum 16 GB.