GSF Accelerator has partnered with Cisco Investments to launch an Accelerator program for innovative startups in India in the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud areas.
IoT has the potential to transform businesses everywhere by harnessing the convergence of sensors/devices, cloud and ubiquitous connectivity and integrating them with people, processes and applications (aside, read : Internet of Useless Things)
The collaboration will help accelerate an ecosystem of applications, analytics and vertical solutions providers as well as device providers that can utilize Cisco’s intelligent infrastructure to develop real-life IoT use cases.
Key Highlights of the program:
- Focused on IOT+Cloud Ventures. Both hardware and software platforms will be considered.
- Up to five startups will be short-listed for an intense 16-week program.
- The Accelerator will be based in Bangalore with a 4-week visit to the Silicon Valley, US.
- Additional mentorship through GSF mentor network and Cisco.
- Provide customer exposure to the startups.
- GSF will provide US$45,000 in funding to each of the selected startups.
- Applications open from Feb 19 through March 10.
- Program starts from March 25, 2015.