The news is already out that iPhone will be priced for Rs. 31K!
- 8 GB version of the 3G iPhone will cost Rs 31,000
- 16 GB version will cost between Rs 36,000-37,000.[ToI] – Thanks Lokajit for the tip
Though the reports aren’t yet confirmed, it’s quite difficult to digest the fact that iPhone is priced for ~740$! (3.75 times the price in US?)
The price slash in US was primarily attributed to the fact that operators are taking a hit – Apple sells the handset to them @ $300 and operators subsidize the price so that they can milk the users later (data plan).
But Indian operators do not have any reason to subsidize the price – so here is the dope, a serious suggestion.
Go for HTC Touch Diamond. Here is the comparison:
- OS: HTC runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS, iPhone on Mac OS.
- Keypad – iPhone sucks, while HTC scores an edge.
- Camera – iPhone sucks (2 MP), again HTC scores an edge (3.2MP).
- Bluetooth – HTC scores again.
- Screen size – iPhone scores (3.5in) while HTC is @ 2.8in
- Pricing – HTC @ Rs. 26K (in partnership with Airtel), while iPhone @ Rs. 31K.
What’s your opinion?