India News roundup:
DoT mulls uniform licence fee for all types of telecom services
The Department of Telecom is considering doing away with the existing variable licence fee structure for telecom operators and replacing it with a uniform rate for all types of services.
DoT has taken a decision to revoke the licences issued to Russian venture ByCell. The move follows concerns raised by the Home Ministry about the company’s shareholding and source of funds
GSM operators added a total of 8.9 million new users in April compared with 11.2 million new subscribers in March, according to numbers released by the Cellular Operators Association of India.
- IPL2 ratings drop further, but planners say these are initial stages
- India ranked 20th largest electronic police state
- Tata group to soup up supercomputer’s processing power five times
- NRI remittances up 20-fold at $4 billion
- Educomp bags Rs 84-cr Gujarat order
More on India News Channel