IPL 5 is on its way and Bookmyshow, the official online ticketing partner has sold close to 50,000 tickets since launching the online ticketing service for IPL.
– Ticket sales for Mumbai and Pune are doing well, while ticket sales of Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab have picked up over the last two days.
– MSM (Multi Screen Media of Sony Max) is charging INR 5 lakh per 10 seconds, though they have sold only 50-60% of the ad inventory until now.
– Last year, IPL sold 60% of tickets online, though there is a strong correlation between on-ground ticket sales and television viewership.
“Both went up for the first three years of IPL, and both came down last year. The link is very strong between the two,” [Ajit Varghese, media planner/source]
The correlation between on-ground ticket sales and TV viewership is interesting, though hard to explain why TV viewership is impacted by online ticket sales?
What do you think could be the reason?
More from IPL5
- Watch IPL5 online on Indiatimes, the official broadcaster of IPL
- Buy IPL Tickets online on Bookmyshow, the official ticketing partner.