In March 2012, IRCTC recorded 15305903 transactions, out of which credit card drove 29.89%, netbanking/debit cards 52% and cash cards, 8.1%. Here is a quick snapshot from IRCTC payment gateway performance data for March 2012:
– 72% success rate in credit/debit cards transaction, led by AMEX payment gateway (82.31%).
– Only 69% success rate in netbanking/debit cards transaction. SBI and IndusInd bank lead the netbanking chart (77.08% and 76.60%), followed by SBI Associates, Indian Bank and Federal bank.
– As far as cash cards are concerned, the overall successful transaction rate was 86%.
– In total, 15305903 transactions were attempted, out of which 73.68% were successful. There is a an increase in the number of transactions between Feb and March (9.7%), owing to the summer holiday season.
– More IRCTC data: http://www.NextBigWhat.com/tag/irctc-data
– Download the March 2012 data (link).