Slumdog Millionaire’s Oscar win has translated into a surge in online traffic as well. Hungama Entertainment, the exclusive digital partner of the film has tracked the unprecedented surge in the consumption of the digital content of the film since Feb 23rd.
Below are some quick facts on how Indians are devouring content of the film on their mobile phones:
- The search volume for Slumdog Millionaire Content has doubled in India and tripled worldwide over the last 48 hours
- More that half a million mobile subscribers in India have set Jai Ho as their CRBT (caller ring back tone)
- There are approximately quarter of a million searches per day for film content in India; the maximum searches over this weekend were related to Slumdog Millionaire
- Maximum searches came from New Delhi and Mumbai; both these cities constitute 40% of the total searches on Slumdog Millionaire
- More that 80% of the Slumdog Millionaire content searched is for Jai Ho
Web search volume
Who is primarily advertising on “Slumdog Millionaire” query at Google? Well, Guruji (for their music search service).