Jio has shaken up the telecom world and here are some quick numbers from the quarterly announcement.
Jio users consumed 178 crore hours of high speed video per month making Jio the world’s largest mobile video network also.
Before Jio’s launch, India was ranked 155th in the world in terms of mobile broadband penetration as per rankings done by International Telecommunication Union. India is now the top ranked country in mobile data consumption.
- Consolidated value of services of Rs 7,213 crore and consolidated EBIT of Rs 261 crore.
- Standalone revenue from operations of Rs 6,147 crore.
- Subscriber base as on 30th Sep-17 of 138.6 million.
- ARPU during the quarter of Rs 156.4 / sub per month.
- Total wireless data traffic during the quarter at 378 crore GB
Jio users made 267 crore minutes of VoLTE calls per day during the quarter.
So far, Jio does look unstoppable – but then, wait for Airtel and Vodafone to announce their numbers?