The Karnataka Startup Cell has selected 8 tourism startups for early stage funding, as part of its recently held “Pitch to Government – Tourism Challenge”.
A total of 127 startups applied to present their products/solutions for adoption and roll out in the Department of Tourism, who were judged based on parameters like:
1. Whether the startup showcases any Tech based product/ solution with direct relevance and impact on tourism.
2. If the startup had a functioning website with all related information or an app showcasing their product/ solution in tourism sector.
3. If the startup had the product/ solution just as an idea to be implemented in future or the idea had already taken shape in terms of app or solution with a projection in terms of business plan.
The startups selected are:
1. AAO Hostels – Rs.40 Lakhs
2. Highway Delite – Rs.35 Lakhs
3. Highir Technologies – Rs.25 Lakhs
4. DigiTour Technologies – Rs. 25 Lakhs
5. Aseuro Technologies – Rs. 25 Lakhs
6. Trip Dairy – Rs. 20 Lakhs
7. Moving Up Products – Rs. 5 Lakhs
8. Trip On Food – Rs. 5 Lakhs