So what is the best way to keep a track of your competition? Keep visiting their site, keep a track of what analysts are saying about them? And you end up with bookmarks and pdfs that you may never get time to read later.
Competitio.us – to a certain extent simplifies this issue.
Here is how Competitio.us works:
- Once registered, you can list your competition websites and compare a feature-wise analysis offered by your competition.
- If you have found some useful news/report about any competitor, you can clip the news
- Get a Feed of the Latest Clippings
- Access Competitor Traffic Data (thru’ Alexa)
- Compare Traffic Between Competitors (Alexa traffic data).
In general, Competitio.us is relying on free piece of data (alexa/blogs etc) and I believe that is one of the hindrances in its usage. Data from Alexa isn’t what I am interested in, but as part of my analysis I need more than what is available in the public domain. (A simple competition based alert-like feature would be a great thing to implement?)
Competitio.us does solve a unique problem in the current marketplace. Though it’s a bit slow to use and is definitely not fully functional (relatively newer sites take a lot of time to get added in their system), I am hoping that they resolve these issues and steer ahead of *their competition*.
Filed Under: competitio.us