[Editor Notes : Nothing is as powerful as data and these articles are part of our coverage of #IndianStartupData – i.e. an overview of financial performance of selected Indian startups with a belief that it gives the audience a good picture of the companies and the ecosystem in general.]
Cloud telephony startup, Knowlarity recorded revenue of 36.1 crores*, as opposed to 20.5 crores last year. As far as revenue from operations goes, it stood at Rs. 22.6 crores (as opposed to 12.4 crores last financial year).
Having said that, the company incurred an expense of 53.5 crores, which has increased by almost 52% as compared to the last year.
* Important to note that Knowlarity is into several other telecom businesses especially providing VAS services for SMS/messaging and local, international calls.
As far as revenue split goes, revenue from products stands at INR 22.6 crores. The other big source of revenue is corporate cost allocation – which stands at INR 13 crores (no further details on this is known, but maybe intra group transfers?).
Knowlarity Shareholding Pattern
The two cofounders own majority of shares.
- Ambarish Gupta : 36.05%
- Pallav Pandey : 34.58%
- Progressvist Investment Capital Ltd : 8.35%
- Mansi Singhal and Gaurav Chakravorty (qplum founder) : 7.41%
- Ravi Prakash Shrivastava : 5.98%
As far as convertible preference share goes, the breakup is as follows:
- Sequoia : (compulsory convertible shares) : 38.97%
- SCI Growth Investments II : 61.03%
For an enterprise SAAS play, the numbers surely look very promising (esp the revenue/expense growth).
All said and done,the numbers surely look very promising for an enterprise SAAS play – though there is an interesting story inside the numbers!
– Know the Knowlarity Startup Story.
What next? A comparative study.