The Kumbh JioPhone, which will provide pilgrims a means to stay connected while visiting one of the largest human congregations in the world, with over 130 million pilgrims taking a holy dip over 55 days.
Key Features of Kumbh JioPhone:
- Real-time Travel Information (special trains, buses etc.)
- Booking tickets & receiving updates
- Emergency Helpline Numbers
- Area routes and Maps
- Pre-published bath and religious day schedules
- Railway Camp Mela & much more
- Yatri Ashray at stations
- Family Locator: Helping you to always stay close to your near and dear ones by finding their exact location.
- Khoya Paya (Lost & Found)
- Kumbh Darshan: Telecast of special Kumbh events and programs on JioTV along with previous archives of Kumbh
- Games and Quizzes
Adds Ashish Sinha: Most of these features can be made available as..an app.
So why launch a new phone itself? Well, no other way to penetrate this religious audience and make them Jio customers. Kudos to the business and product teams for such a decision.