In our previous report we compared Flipkart and Amazon for their Mobiles catalogue. In this report we will determine overlapping SKUs, offers, best seller for common SKUs and exclusive products offered by these marketplaces under Laptops category. Below data is sourced from FindYogi Laptops. Only new products that are under manufacturer warranty and available as on 4th Week of April 2014 is covered in this report.
- Flipkart has 467 offers under 449 SKUs under Laptops category whereas Amazon has 345 offers under 311.
- Different color variants of the same product are considered as single SKU.
- Looking at the offers count it is safe to assume that there are not many sellers and offers per SKUs.
Common SKUs on Flipkart and Amazon
- 42% of Flipkart’s total SKUs under Laptops category are also available with Amazon.
- 60% of Amazon’s total SKUs under laptops category are overlapping with Flipkart.
- So Flipkart wins the race when it comes to exclusive catalogue (laptops which are currently not available with Amazon).
Better Seller in overlapping SKUs – Flipkart or Amazon?
- Looking at the pie chart it is very clear that Flipkart is the better seller when it comes to prices of overlapping SKUs in Laptops category.
- Amazon has better price for only 30% i.e. 56 SKUs out of 187 overlapping SKUs.
- Whereas Flipkart offers better pricing for 70% i.e. 131 SKUs out of 187 overlapping SKUs.
Flipkart is a clear winner when we talk about better prices under laptops category in overlapping SKUs, Catalogue size and exclusive SKUs which are not available on Amazon.
Next – In our next report of this series we would do similar comparison to find better seller under Tablet category. If you are looking for a specific report please tweet your request to @NextBigWhat. All reports are published through data sourced from our partners FindYogi.com.