Mahindra Reva and Vodafone Business Services, the enterprise arm of Vodafone India Ltd have announced a strategic technology partnership that will enable Vodafone to provideMachine-to-Machine (M2M) communication services to power the recently launched electric vehicle, Mahindra e2o.
Using their smartphones or any internet connected computer, e2o owners can, with Vodafone’s connectivity, access the following services:
- Know the state of charge in the battery of their car and how far they can travel with the available charge.
- Remotely control its air-conditioning and set schedules to pre-heat or pre-cool the car before they use it.
- Lock or unlock the car doors.
- Find the nearest charging stations.
- Receive alerts on various events with the car such as a disruption in charging due to power cuts, safety related reminders such as a door being left unlocked or a parking brake not applied.
- Get an emergency boost charge with a command on the smart phone to go an extra 8-10 kms.
- Have the Mahindra Reva Tech Help Desk remotely do prognosis and diagnostics of the car.
The e2o uses Vodafone’s m2m services for this connectivity and provides a holistic and cutting edge experience including many other useful and innovative features.
Mahindra’s REVive is the first of its kind remote emergency charge activated through the smart phone app or a call to RIA (Remote Interactive Assist). In the rare event of running low on charge, customers can use the app on their smart phones to remotely activate the reserve energy that can get them going again.