GPS navigation and location app for consumers and enterprise MapmyIndia has launched a ‘glocal’ navigation app on Android. The app follows freemium model — while maps and directions are free for life, voice guidance in several regional languages will require some bucks.
Users will also be pleased by automatic traffic based re-routing, and real time journey updates on Facebook. In our brief testing, we didn’t find the app lagging, which is quite nice.
The app features several more exciting features, as mentioned below.
- NaviMaps offers maps for Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- While commuting you will be pleased by the real time turn-by-turn voice guidance, NaviMaps offers Furthermore, the guidance is available in 10 regional languages.
- The app features auto re-routing which will help you find the best route to your destination.
- Social Navigation with Real-time journey progress updates on Facebook.
- Realistic 3D landmarks and house number search on maps.
- Superfast navigation with single line predictive destination search.
- Instantly check for traffic delays along your regular routes before you start out.
The app touts that it will work even when the network is poor. Android users can download it from here. Windows Phone and iOS users can expect the app soon.