MapmyIndia and Telenav have launched a mobile app that offers house number search and navigation on iPhones. The app provides high-quality, voice-guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation, moving maps and access to millions of places for easy search and discovery. All maps and places information within the app are cloud-based and always up to date.
Other features of MapmyIndia Navigator by Telenav include:
- Search places and favorites: The application has millions of places and points of interest to choose from — either by category or name — including restaurants, ATMs, hotels, hospitals and more. Users can then select and navigate to the destination chosen and save frequent destinations as favorites.
- Maps: Search and navigate to house numbers in 18 cities, reach any of the 579,000 towns and villages and navigate at street-level across 1,200 cities.
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance: The application turns your iPhone into a full-fledged GPS navigator, including voice instructions for each turn, speaking street names as well as in an Indian accent.
- Automatic re-routing: The application automatically generates a new route if the driver misses a turn.
- Shake-to-Go: Users can shake their phone to instantly start navigation to their home address from wherever they are.
- Speed limit alerts: On major highways, the application notifies drivers when they exceed the posted speed limit.
- Night-time mode: The application switches to night-time mode automatically, allowing for safer viewing conditions while driving at night.
The mobile app (link) is priced at $3.99 for one month (promotional) and ongoing subscription can be purchased for $29.99 for one year. Users may continue to use the maps and places search for free beyond the paid subscription period.