Burrp boasts of 1,70,000 listings, 150+ content categories, 1,25,000 reviews, 7,00,000 users across 15 cities and the site has hit the redesign paddle, in order to make content easily accessible to users.
- A cleaner, crisper and more engaging design
- Greater visibility on the site of the most insightful reviews, events, and places to experience the best of what the city has to offer
- Food & Nightlife, Beauty & Fitness, and Shopping have their own specific sub-sections with top events, newly opened places, recent reviews and editorial guides
- Top things to explore and do by neighbourhood
- TV schedules for days best picks for Movies, Sports and Reality shows now on the b! home page
- Security features for detection and prevention of fake reviews
Recommended Read: Why Burrp Founder, Deap Ubhi Quit Infomedia 18?
Ex-Telecom minister A Raja finally arrested
DMK leader and former communications minister A. Raja was Wednesday arrested after CBI questioned him for hours together in connection with the the 2G spectrum scam for the second time this week.
Along with him, CBI also arrested his aides RK Chandolia and Siddharth Behuria.[source]
Maxx Mobile Plans Rs 800Cr IPO
Mumbai-based Maxx Mobile plans to raise Rs 800 crore through an Initial Public Offer (IPO) in the next nine months. It has appointed Enam Securities, Nomura and SBI Caps as the lead book running manager for the issue. Maxx group clocked a turnover of Rs 1,200 till December last year. It currently has about 2% share in a fragmented handset market with around 150 domestic and about 40 Chinese brands [ToI]
IEEE 1901 Broadband over Power line Standard Published
Sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society this globally recognized BPL standard is designed for use in a wide range of applications including smart energy, transportation and Local Area Networks (LANs) in both the home and the enterprise. Networking products that fully comply with IEEE 1901 will deliver data rates in excess of 500 Mbps in LAN applications. In first-mile/last-mile applications, IEEE 1901-compliant devices will achieve ranges of up to 1500 meters. The technology specified by IEEE 1901 uses sophisticated modulation techniques to transmit data over standard AC power lines of any voltage at transmission frequencies of less than 100 MHz [details]
Bharti net plunges 40%
Bharti Airtel has registered a 41% decline in its net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2010, on account of one time- brand development costs and foreign exchange losses.[more]