Here goes the Newsreel, our daily news roundup.
– Tech giant Microsoft’s Surface Tablets, announced four months ago, will be sold from October 26 starting at a price of $499. The Surface RT will be priced at $ 499 for the 32 GB version. With touch cover, the tablet will cost $ 599.
– Google has expanded its trial that includes results from your Gmail inbox to more users as well as your Google Drive account. You can sign up now to have results from your inbox appear as you search while signed in, read complete post here.
– PayU India, a payment gateway, has launched ReD Shield online fraud prevention service under its partnership with ReD, read complete post here.
– Karbonn launches Karbonn AGNEE, based on Qualcomm reference design : Innominds and Karbonn today unveiled Karbonn AGNEE – the indigenous 3G tablet powered by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s (QTI) Qualcomm Snapdragon
– Amazon to hire more than 50,000 elves (seasonal employees) on top of the current 20,000 working at its 40 U.S. fulfillment centers to fulfil holiday orders, read complete post here. As usual christmas and holiday shopping is going to be big for Amazon. .
– Google Nexus 7 has become the highest selling Android tablet just within three months of its launch. Google’s first tablet went on sale July 27 and its main selling point has been its affordable 159-pound price tag, read complete post here. Seems Google gears to disrupt tablet market with Nexus 7.
– The Election Commission (EC) has sought to help voters in poll-bound Himachal Pradesh to find the nearest polling stations with the help of Internet, read complete post here. Himachal Pradesh’s polling stations on Google maps.