Here is a quick recap of interesting stories in the last 3 days:
Music CD sales are going down, and in order to fight piracy, music companies are willing to allow in-store downloads (packaging of music in a CD doesn’t work).
India is all set to go unwired (and Bangalore will probably be the first in the list), and as expected, the Travel industry is set to boom.
- Yahoo! India launches advertising portal – The portal is basically a trade engagement nitiative for the Indian market . This site has been specially designed & developed for the benefit of the advertising, marketing and trade community. The editorial content includes webcasts & Podcasts from advertising gurus across the globe, guest feature articles and also aggregates news feeds from popular portals like exchange4media and agencyfaqs. (you hear it here first)
- T-Series To Launch Web Store For Music Downloads
- Planet M To Allow In-Store Digital Downloads As CD Sales Wane; Entering DVD Rental Business
- Dish TV plans DTH services in cars, trains
- Airtel Launches Marathi Voice Portal
- India’s Online Travel Business Expected To Nearly Quadruple Every Year Until 2010
- Bangalore all set to become `unwired`
- BSNL test launches IPTV in Bangalore
- India Mobile And Broadband Figures For June 2007 (62% growth @ 2.52 million)
- Airtel Seeks Permission For Mobile TV Pilot
- TRAI launches Do-no-call registry online.
- Bangaloreans – get movie info on your mobile (mvies.in enters Bangalore)