A Bangalore based startup, ZipDial, recently conducted a survey on MNP to check the customer satisfaction ratio. Amongst the 25776 respondents 54.03% were happy with their network operator. From amongst the unhappy ones:
- 19.08% want to switch to Airtel. 38.61% of those claim network coverage as the reason to move on.
- 17.36% chose Vodafone as the operator of choice.
- Overall 40.3% expressed rate plans to be the reason to switch. New players like Docomo, Aircel and MTS were most preferred for their rate plans.
- About 23% expressed ‘customer service’ to be the reason for switching.
- ‘Brand Trust’ was the least preferred reason for switching.
- For people stating age <25yrs(students) rate plan was the most popular reason for switching, but for 25-35yr olds (working class) network coverage was equally important.
- For 50+yr olds customer service and network coverage were equally important. Though rate plan was the most popular reason.
- Airtel and Docomo were the most popular choice in most circles. Except for UP and Orrisa where BSNL was most popular and Mumbai where Vodafone was most popular choice.
So, does your take resonate with public in general?
Disclosures: I am part of the ZipDial team. Docomo is a sponsor of this blog.
Read: How MNP works?
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He is the founder of FindYogi]