IndiaGames has recently released a research report on the mobile gaming industry and here are a few interesting stats:
- Maximum number of mobile games download take place between 1 pm to 5pm and 7pm to 11 pm.
- Top 10 games comprise of Cricket, Hollywood and action based games
- 40 % of all mobile gamers belong to 22-35 years of age, followed by 13-21 yrs and 35+ (each 25%).
- Airtel has the largest share in games followed by Vodafone and Reliance Communications.
- GSM has market share of 70% as far as # of downloads is concerned, and 79% for revenue split.
- Nokia handsets are loved by gamers – all top 10 handsets belong to Nokia (6030 is #1)
- Gujarat is the top GSM circle followed by Mumbai and Karnataka.
- The unique user base for IndiaGames is up 85% from 6 months ago; and IndiaGames expects the addressable market to be around $240-288bn by 2010.
Download the report
The Indian mobile gaming industry is fueled by Hollywood and Bollywood blockbusters like Star wars’ , ‘King Kong’ , ‘The Incredibles’, Rang De Basanti’ , to ‘ Sarkar’ etc.
Mobile Gaming has lesser entry barrier and one of the factors driving mobile gaming in developed markets is availability of faster processors in mobile devices, which enable faster response times, 3-D graphics and advanced sound capabilities.
What’s your take on Mobile Gaming in India? Fad or here to stay?
» Read the complete coverage of Indian Gaming Industry