TRAI has released the latest data on telecom subscribers for the month ending May 31st 2011.
Key Take Aways:
1. Total telecom subscriber base is at 874.68 Mn.
2. Total mobile subscriber base is at 840.28Mn. Active mobile subscriber base is 70% at 588.13 Mn. Idea leads with 92.33% active users. MTNL has 34.39% active.
3. Broaband subscription is at 12.12Mn. Increase of around 101K from month of April.
4. Mobile Number Portability (MNP) requests increase from 8.54Mn subscribers at the end of April 2011 to 10.57Mn subscribers at the end of May 2011.
5. BSNL maintains highest market share in wireline subscription at 72.27%.
6. Total loss in wireline subscriptions was 176K.
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He is the founder of FindYogi]