India tops the chart for highest growth rate of Unique Users (338.7%since August 2009), as per Opera’s August 2010 report.
Few Interesting Global trends
- In August 2010, Opera Mini had more than 66.5 million users, a 6.8 percent (%) increase from July 2010. Since August 2009, the number of unique users has increased 108.3%.
- Opera Mini users viewed more than 33.9 billion pages in August 2010. Since July, page views have gone up 14.3%. Since August 2009, page views have increased 143.2%.
- In August 2010, Opera Mini users generated more than 489.4 million MB of data for operators worldwide. Since July, the data consumed went up by 9.9%. Data in Opera Mini is compressed by up to 90%. If this data were uncompressed, Opera Mini users would have viewed more than 4.5 petabytes of data in August. Since August 2009, data traffic is up 134.4%.
- Top 20 countries for Opera Mini usage , in order are Indonesia, Russia, India, China, Ukraine, South Africa, United States, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Poland, Nigeria, Malaysia, Belarus, Philippines, Egypt, Germany, Brazil and Bangladesh.
- Page-view growth since August 2009: 396.8 %
- Unique-user growth since August 2009: 338.7 %
- Page-views per user: 405
- Data transferred per user (MB): 7
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 18 [report]
Top 3 sites in India are Google, Orkut and Facebook.