On July 25th, Opera reached a milestone of serving 1 billion pageviews a day; and every second, Opera Mini servers compressed more than 11,500 pages before sending that content to phones around the world.
The Norway based company has released its monthly report and here are a few key data from India
- Page-view growth since June 2009: 374.4%
- Unique-user growth since June 2009: 346.9%
- Page-views per user: 398
- Data transferred per user (MB): 8
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 19
Top Mobile Sites in India
- getjar.com (up from 10th position last month – Reliance partnerships at work?)
Globally speaking, the top 12 countries using Opera Mini are
Lack of Local Sports Content in India?
June report highlights the top 10 sports site (World Cup Edition) visited by mobile users and while every country has a local destination sites, Indians only visited fifa.com for information.
Maybe, Football is popular, but not popular enough for local sports sites to track the same?