airtel has released its Mobitude 2011 study that looks at customer preference through their mobile usage patterns and trends.
Here are a few insights from the report:
– 20 million images and wallpapers were downloaded by Airtel mobile users in the last one year.
– In the entertainment space, ‘Kolaveri Di’ song has topped the Indian mobile charts within 18 days of its launch. The song has beaten all previous record holders like ‘Munni Badnaam Hui ‘and ‘Tere Mast Mast Nain’. The song was downloaded 2,10,000 times within 18 days of its launch.
– In the Bollywood segment, Katrina Kaif and King Khan maintains the leading position in the category of images downloaded this year. Despite several new entrants in Bollywood – Imran Khan and Jacqueline Fernandes were the only new comers to feature among the top 5 categories.
– In the Hollywood segment, Kim Kardashian and King of pop – Michael Jackson holds the top position in the category of images downloaded.
– As far as sports stars are concerned, Sachin Tendulkar led the chart, followed by M.S.Dhoni.