South Korean phone maker Samsung continues to be the most popular brand in India with 21 % market share across gadget categories which include Laptops, Cameras, Mobile Phones and Televisions on online Marketplace eBay.
According to eBay’s Battle of the Gadget Ranking based on an analysis of all gadgets purchased by Indians on eBay India between April and June, Samsung is the most popular amongst phones, Canon in the digital camera category, Apple in the Laptop category and Samsung in the Television category.
eBay claims that it sells a mobile handset every 3 minutes, a laptop every 9 minutes, a digital camera every 19 minutes and a television every 54 minutes.
Some interesting points
- Samsung leads with 26 % share in overall phone sales.
- Sony Xperia Ray is the most purchased mobile phone model.
- Delhi continues to buy most mobile phones.
- Sony beat Samsung this time in smartphone sales.
- Nokia sold most number of value phones.
- Bangaloreans bought most number of laptops.
- Acer sold most number of Netbooks.
- Apple sold most number of tablets (17 % share).
- Micromax Funbook came second.
- Dell retains its top position in regular laptops followed by HP and Apple.
- Canon tops digital cameras category with 31 % share.
Samsung sold most number of Televisions with 39 % share. Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai are the top 3 TV cities.