Nokia’s E series of phones aimed at business users just received a new entrant in India, the Nokia E6.
Nokia has been trying hard to gain a strong foothold in the fast evolving smartphone market, and they are putting their money on the success of their latest mobile operating system, Symbian Anna.
The new offering comes with a high pixel density display, a capacitive touch screen and to top it all, a QWERTY keyboard. Here’s a look at the specs
- 2.46-inch 16M-color VGA TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 8GB storage memory, 1GB ROM, hot-swappable microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Symbian Anna OS
- ARM 1176 680 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM
- rear facing 8 megapixel fixed-focus camera with dual-LED flash, geo-tagging; 720p video recording@25fps, front facing VGA camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, microUSB port with USB on-the-go, 3.5mm audio jack,
- GPS receiver with A-GPS, HDMI port
- Accelerometer, Stereo FM radio with RDS,
- Flash support in the web browser, proximity sensor,
- Battery: 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery. Talk time Up to 14 h 48 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 30 min (3G).
Nokia E6 Price in India: 17,999/-
Looking at the specs you might not be immediately impressed, but the screen on this device is said to have higher pixel density than even Apple’s iPhone. An interesting feature considering the battery is humongous for a phone that is expected to be used only for business purposes and not for rich multimedia experience. After all the screen size is a disappointing 2.46 inches.
This phone will mainly appeal to the business user with its QWERTY keyboard and long battery life. It even comes bundled with some great software like the Nokia messenger, and integration with Microsoft’s business apps suite. All an all a fairly good device for a slightly high price.
What’s your take? Do you want to give E6 a try or go for Android alternatives from Samsung and HTCs of the world?
[Check Nokia X6 Price in India]