Nokia is ensuring that it gets the Lumia launch as perfect as it should be. While the company officially launched Lumia 800 and 700 in India in the month of November, the retail launch is scheduled for December and price of Nokia Lumia 800 in India will be in the range of Rs. 29,000-33,000.
Currently, the company is undertaking pre-orders and you can walk to any of the Nokia stores, play with the device and reserve your booking (you need to pay small advance though).
Nokia Lumia Specification
- Curved 3.7″ AMOLED ClearBlack glass touchscreen display seamlessly integrated into a smooth one-piece body
- Pre-bundled/intgrated with Bing, Internet Explorer 9 (supports HTML5).
- 8 MP Auto Focus with Carl Zeiss Optics, 2x LED Flash and HD Video
- 16 GB mass memory (no slot for micro-SD cards)
- 512 MB SDRAM memory
- OS: Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
Coming back to the launch strategy, Nokia is back to where it was (with the launch of N900/N8) – i.e. they have started taking pre-orders without even disclosing the final retail price.
Is that cool? No.
Moreover, the site to pre-order falls under different domain (http://ww.getnokia.in/800) and I’d have expected the digital agency to atleast clear the homepage (i.e. http://www.getnokia.in), which talks of E6. Nokia still hasn’t mastered the “Attention-to-detail” part, though am hoping that the device lives up to the hype.
Aside, what’s your ‘hunch’ w.r.t Nokia Lumia? Can Mango save the day?