Its been almost a year that Nokia has launched its OVI store and company now claims 1.6 million app downloads per day.
- The most active countries in alphabetical order are: China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UK and Vietnam
- With support for 30 language variations, 90% of Ovi Store visitors are using their local language when available
- In countries where mobile billing is available, over 2/3 of customers choose such payment method
- More than 100 devices are supported, out of which 60+ of them are Symbian based.
- Prominent touch devices in the top downloading countries are N97, N97 Mini, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic and X6. Other prominent devices include the E66, E71 and E72.
- The Nokia N900 has been in the top 10 performing devices in 3 of the top 10 most active countries for the last several weeks. [source]
An interesting point to note is the local currency part. India is among the the top 5 countries for Ovi downloads and it’s quite natural that Nokia should support the local currency (and language), in order to gain more acceptance [before the i-Attack!].
Unlike other geographies, do you think an operator tie-up will work [both Vodafone and Airtel have launched their own App stores and others are in the process to launch theirs].