Olive mobile announced a high end android phone running android 2.3 gingerbread in February earlier this year, but the phone is yet to be seen. Meanwhile Olive has decide to not withhold its next release and gone ahead with its entry into the booming low end android market in India. Its latest offering is Olive Fluid V-W1.
Officially the phone priced at an approx. price of Rs10,000 has hit webstores at a price that seems better than what the company initially thought. The phone will now be available at Rs8,000 approximately, which makes it a good buy at the price it has been offered. The specs are average at most and it will surely encounter tough competition from other phones that are priced similarly. A quick look at the specs sheet and comparison with other entry level androids should give you a better perspective on whether you should buy this phone or not.
- STE6715, 468MHz Processor
- 256MB RAM ( for OS as well as storage) expandable with micro sd upto 32GB supported
- 3.5” TFT multi-touch capacitve touch screen
- 3MP rear camera.
- Comes with Android 2.1 (Eclair) may be upgradable to 2.2 ( Froyo ) uncomfirmed.
- Wifi, GPS, Accelerometer( G sensor), Bluetooth,
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G.
- 1300mAH battery ( upto 240 mins )
Comparing this to other phones in the same price range reveals some interesting things, like low internal memory and older OS without any confirmation of an upgrade. Most phones in the similar price range offer Android Froyo. Specs can only tell you so much, so be sure to try before you buy.