VAS service provider, OnMobile has launched Karaophone – an interesting service that allows users to play karaoke with their social networks via mobile or landline phones. The service represents a significant step in the convergence of entertainment and social networks, and can help media houses, record labels, and operators stand out amongst competition.
With Karaophone, users can access social networks and choose a song of their choice. They can then share the music they create, challenge their friends and share it all through their desired social network platform. Karaophone also provides the facility to measure one’s performance which can then be published and shared with friends and even ranked against fellow players. This innovative application takes mobile entertainment and social networking to the next level by offering voice based real-time updates.
Built on Telco-grade architecture, Karaophone provides media houses, record labels, and operators with:
- Speech recognition for nearly 30 different languages enabling the service to be deployed worldwide;
- High recognition levels even in noisy environments;
- Multi-dimensional scoring based on melody and rhythm with an anti-cheat system.
- Regular content updates to help stay relevant;
- Direct revenues through revenue sharing
The service also adds value as it is a fun and interactive promotional tool for media houses to promote musical television programs, film releases, or comedies; and record labels to promote new artists and albums.