Firefox’s Firebug counterpart to Opera, Dragonfly claims to have 100,000 web developers using the plugin each day.
The company now shared few stats with respect to their iPhone app and more than 2.6 million people used Opera Mini on their iPhones, in the two weeks following April’s mid-month launch.
Few insights from the April month report (worldwide):
- the Apple iPhone is the #3 device used by Opera Mini users worldwide in the month of April 2010.
- Most likely due to the interest generated by Opera Mini’s new availability on the iPhone, the United States jumped from #8 to #6 in the top 10 countries list.
- The top 10 countries for Opera Mini usage in April 2010 were: Russia, Indonesia, India, China, Ukraine, United States, South Africa, Nigeria, Vietnam and the United Kingdom. Due to Opera Mini on the iPhone launch, the United States leaped ahead of South Africa and Nigeria.
Snapshot from India
- Page-view growth since April 2009: 302.1%
- Unique-user growth since April 2009: 308.1%
- Page views per user: 378
- Data transferred per user (MB): 7
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 20
Cheeky: Who is Faster? Opera or Potato?
I like it when companies take their competition in a cheeky fashion and Opera has launched a cheesy ad to take on Chrome.
First watch the Chrome ad and then Opera’s.