The Great Indian Developer Awards 2008 recognizes trailblazing individuals, technologies, and organizations contributing to the evangelism, productivity and innovation excellence of the Indian developer ecosystem. This year’s awards will be given away across 15 categories at an exclusive ‘awards nite’ at the Great Indian Developer Summit, May 19-23 2008 in Bangalore. Voting is now open from http://developersummit.com/awards.html.
Wipro, Infosys, TCS, I-Flex and Patni are all vying for top honor in the Ecosystem Leader category. Products from Oracle, Microsoft, Telelogic, Adobe, SAP, Compuware, Novell ThoughWorks, Salesforce and Parasoft, among others, are competing in the 12 product categories. Infosys’ Nanadan Nilekani, TCS’ Ramadorai, Mastek’s Ashank Desai, i-Flex’s Deepak Ghasias and Zensar’s Ganesh Natarajan have been nominated in the Top Ambassador category.
The judging process, which is already underway, will culminate in an exclusive ‘awards night’ on May 23rd at the Palace Grounds, Bangalore, with a high stature panel felicitating the awardees. This year’s jury include the IT Secretary to the Government of Karnataka (M N Vidyashankar), President of AdaptivePath & Father of Ajax (Jesse James Garrett), Associate Director of Indian Institute of Science (Prof. N. Balakrishnan), VP for Server Technologies at Oracle (Vijay Anand), Head for Google India R&D (Prasad Ram), General Manager for DPE at Microsoft India (Tarun Gulati) & VP & Head at SETLabs at Infosys Technologies (Subu Goparaju) among others. For the complete list of jury members, see http://developersummit.com/conference.html#advisor.
Awards will be given out in the following categories:
· Top Ambassador: This award honors an individual (IT decision maker, analyst, architect, engineer, project manager, designer, or programmer) who best promotes and supports the IT developer ecosystem in India.
· Top Committer: This award recognizes an Indian committer who best exemplifies support for the larger IT community through newsgroups, Bugzilla, white papers, conference presentations, blogs and other forums.
· Ecosystem Leader: An IT company (multi-national or home-grown, large or small) that is not only a leader in adopting and developing using the latest cutting-edge tools, frameworks, platforms, and best practices, but also applying its leadership assets to its customer portfolio.
· Products Par Excellence: These awards recognize the product and innovation excellence of the hundreds of software products and tools that aid developer productivity, across 12 different categories. The selection criteria applied by an international stature panel places emphasis on functionality, usability, innovation excellence, bleeding-edge quotient, and feedback from the developer ecosystem.
- Development Environments
- Collaboration Solution
- Content Management
- Design and Modeling
- Change and Configuration Management
- Web Development
- Mobile Development
- Technical Books
Make your votes count now! Log on to http://developersummit.com/awards.html.
Great Indian Developer Summit happens May 19-23 at the IISc in Bangalore. Register before 28 April and get special discounts. It’s probably the only time you will be rewarded for going early! Register at www.developersummit.com.