So after all the failed attempts to learn from Facebook, Orkut seems to be making its final move before it hits the graveyard. And this one looks quite desperate for sure. Orkut India is giving away movie tickets for a show at PVR Theatres in Mumbai in return for a scrap/post on a forum. Yes, you read it right. Simply post on the new Orkut Community called Box Office and get a free movie ticket for Bollywood movie Saat Khoon Maaf.
For Orkut users in Mumbai, we are giving away tickets to the latest movie releases on the 19th and 20th of February at PVR Juhu and Mulund.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Be in Mumbai on Feb 19 and Feb 20
- Log onto www.orkut.com/boxoffice
- Post a comment, a funny story or a movie review
- Get an email/scrap from us telling you the day, date and time of the movie and instructions on how you can pick up your free tickets!
- Pick up your tickets from the movie cinema at least 30 minutes before the show
Isn’t this too desperate a move from a technology product?
Or wait a minute, are they testing a new movie marketing feature? Or have they signed up for this one special campaign for this movie only?
BTW, we at Pluggd.in are giving away an Android Tablet to show your love to us. Hop in here to know more.
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He is the founder of FindYogi]