Nokia has released the latest stats on OVI store ( as of December 13, 2010) and here are a few interesting data points for you to
- Ovi Store attracts 3.5 million downloads a day, with an average of 2.6 apps downloaded per visit.
- About 90% of Ovi Store traffic converts to downloads.
- Of Ovi Store’s signed-in users, 85% are repeat visitors.
- Each active user averages 8.5 downloads per month.
- Active users represent more than 190 countries.
- Games are No. 1 among paid downloads, and apps are No.1 among free downloads.
- 40% of the content downloaded are games and 30% are apps.
- 90% of Ovi Store users have Ovi Store in their local languages.
- 400,000 new Forum Nokia developers were added in the last 12 months.
- 92 publishers have over 1 million downloads each on Ovi Store.
The top 15 countries (in alphabetical order) are : Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, U.K., and Vietnam.
- The 10 most active countries are (in alphabetical order): China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the U.K. and Vietnam.
- More than two-thirds of customers choose the mobile-billing payment option in countries where it’s available.
- With support for 30 languages, 90% of visitors are using their local languages in Ovi Store.
Top Devices in India Using OVI Store
5230, 5233, 5235, 2700 classic, 5130 XpressMusic, 5800 XpressMusic, E63, E71, N8-00, and X6-00 [source].
So it seems the key here is localization – right from language to billing/payment?
Wondering how convincing is ‘About 90% of Ovi Store traffic converts to downloads’ stat? Also, app downloads do not necessarily mean app usage. If you are an app developer, do share what’s the average app usage you have observed for your apps.