PC sales has shown signs of recovery in Q2 2009 and July-Sep quarter has reflected the consumption growth.
Overall sales in the quarter witnessed an increase of 24% (as compared to last quarter)
- 2.19 million units in the July-September quarter,
- Desktop sales accounted for nearly two-thirds of total PC sales at 1.46 million units
- 15.2% increase in desktop sales
- Notebooks grew at 46.4% sequentially.
PC Market Share in India
Overall PC market
- HP leads the market share, with 17.1%
- Dell stands at 11.3%, followed by Acer (11.1%)
As far as Desktop PC Market is concerned, HP again leads the market with 12.2% share, followed by HCL and Acer.