Pingdom app is now available for Android market (link) and as with iTunes, the Android app is free.
Just like our iPhone app, the Pingdom Android app is an excellent companion to the Pingdom uptime monitoring service. It lets you connect to your Pingdom account to view the status of the servers and websites you’re monitoring, and also supports alerts via push notifications.
The app is free, and works together with all types of Pingdom accounts (including free accounts).
The main point of the Pingdom service is that you should be the first to know when your site goes down. The sooner you know about a problem, the sooner you can fix it. The Pingdom Android app makes it easy for you to be on top of things on the go.
- Get alerts directly to your Android phone.
- View the current status (up or down) of all your monitored sites.
- View uptime and response time statistics for each site.
- Customize the list of shown checks (each check monitors a site or server).
- Get information about each check, such as its monitoring resolution, check type (HTTP, Ping, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, TCP port, etc.) and target (IP address or URL).
It might be worth pointing out that push notifications (a.k.a. cloud notifications) require Android 2.2 or later (because that’s when Google added a push notification service).