OpenWebAsia was conducted last month at Malaysia and brought together many leading speakers from SE Asia. The event got together many promising startups who presented to VCs in a separate track, thought leaders in the region to talk about Mobile Web and emerging web technologies and social networking.
- Dedicated VCs from India, SE Asia and China were invited to listen to pitches from startups which were curated from a larger list. These startups were encouraged to present the “business case” and not the cool technology that they work on. Most of them got feedback on honing their product presentation as well as a lot of inputs about their business models.
- Business Matching – They did a very good job at collecting information from the attendees and actively connected them with other attendees of interest. One could search on the basis of people coming to an event and their interest areas and thereby connect to anyone whose schedule was free.
- Thought leadership sessions – As the most read technology blog in India, we were invited to represent Pluggd.in as well as the startup opportunity in India. The ask was to give a short yet insightful presentation into the Indian technology space. The slide deck we presented is below.
Pluggd in to partner with prominent blogs (and bloggers) to create an ecosystem where there is visibility and knowledge sharing across SE Asia – A lot of prominent bloggers and blogs including TC in Asia, e27 in Singapore, Leaderonomics, Startup Digest, DailySocial.net etc expressed interest for creating this. We will have some news for you soon on that.
- Most of them got a brief glimpse of www.startupqna.com and had a lot of thoughts on the utility of the idea. We are going to incorporate most of them and make it a stronger platform.
- Lastly, we got a lot of feedback on how to make UnPluggd larger, better and sexier. We are all pumped up – and be sure this time its going to be an event you shouldnt miss. Watch this space for more