Sunday, it seems is a relaxing day for entrepreneurs and while we continue to bring India’s most amazing startups/entrepreneurs, we have bowed down to requests from startups asking us to extend the PowerPlug’s May month deadline to May 23rd, i.e. today (yesterday was the deadline).
Theme: Consumer Internet.
Application Form: www.NextBigWhat.com/apply-to-be-a-powerplug/ (also embedded towards the end of this post).
Deadline: Today (May 23rd)
What is PowerPlug Contest?
India’s first ever contest where we recognize early stage technology startups on a regular basis (the contest is supported by Sequoia Capital India). As an applicant, you would be up against the best startups in the country – and the people running them. You would have to come out all guns blazing to win this – and we are sure you would. The PowerPlug is a story you want to tell about yourself to the world and you should make sure the story is compelling to win you the coveted prize.
As a startup, you get a lot of credibility/bragging rights + media coverage and an iPad2 (32GB/WiFi) as well (thanks to our partner Sequoia Capital India). And this is apart from all the VC calls and customer interest.
PowerPlug Contest Rules?
- The contest is applicable for Indian Entrepreneurs.
- An entrepreneur can apply for this contest only once in a quarter. Your entry is valid for 3 months.
- The startup should be at least 6 months old and revenue making. If not revenue making, the startup should have pivoted the business model/product at least once.
- The contest is open to Indian entrepreneurs across different industries/verticals (except for monthly themes).
- In general, preference will be given to product startups as we believe that IP creation is the biggest value and core differentiator.
- Final decision lies with Pluggd.in Team.
- The contest format will be revisited every quarter (and will be modified based on response from the entrepreneurial community).
- The decision to fund (or not) rests squarely with Sequoia Capital and this contest serves no guarantee what so ever.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.