Good news for startups! The private equity investment in India is expected to log $13.5 billion during 2007, and the figure could rise to almost $20 billion by 2010!
Here is the breakup:
- 173 deals worth $5.47 billion
- 250 deals are projected to bring another $8.02 billion.
Sector wise breakup:
- IT/ITES sector made up for 14.3 percent of such investments,
- financial services accounting for 28.5 percent,
- Manufacturing 3.3 percent,
- Medical and healthcare 1.4 percent, and others 52.5 percent.
Apart from tech, private equity and VC firms are aggressively targeting sectors like manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, real estate and construction. What do you think is the real India story? Tech or brick ‘n’ mortar?