We launched the first cohort of the product management course last year, did a bunch of experiments on the content, format and the process – ranging from offline-only course, online-only, recorded to live sessions and we are now happy to have found the high impacting format + content + process.
A blended format, with very deep focus on daily execution and long-term product thinking!
That is, online-live-classes (10 weeks), followed by 2 weeks of rigorous execution/bootcamps.
Right from the starting week, you will work on a live-project ensuring you learn and implement.
You will get mentorship not just during the course, but even after the course (and of course, when’er you are ready for a career switch, count us on giving you all the help preparing for the interview, access to hiring companies etc).
Given that our participants come from different locations and geographies, the bootcamp will be done in a format which ensures minimal travel/operational efforts.
Delivery format: the Product Management course is a mix of live sessions + dedicated 15 days bootcamp (followed by 1 day of offline/classroom session).
An extremely practical approach towards building great products
NextBigWhat’s Product Management course is the best one-stop shop to learn core Product management concepts. 1-on-1 feedbacks on practical assignments helped set the right mindset towards product thinking.Marshall, Zeta
Why NextBigWhat’s Product Management Course?
Ladies and Gentlemen:
As a discipline, Product Management is still evolving and one major missing component among product managers is the lack of fundamental product-first thinking.
Most product managers are consumed by tools and not really get the big picture, making them a good secretary, but not the boss !
Most courses aim to fix the symptoms (hey! which tools shall I use) and not the core (how do I build the right product for my users)!
The course has been extremely useful in understanding some of the core product management frameworks and how to apply these frameworks in real life.
It also helped in understanding how to prepare better GTM plans and how product is a function of the market. The course brought in a better understanding focussed around building the right products for the end user.Siddhartha, Product Manager (Mobisy)
Announcing the September Cohort
The next cohort starts September (3rd week).
- Live classes are held during weekdays (Typically, Tuesdays, 7pm -9:30 pm)
- 15 days Bootcamp starts after the end of 10-week classes.
- Ideally, we would like to have you attend the offline bootcamp session and present, but if you can’t – worry not. You can attend the session online.
Most importantly, you will work on a live product (live, as in live and not dead product ideas which are 3 years old, as is common with all other courses).
In short – we focus on you learning and executing a full cycle – ensuring you implement the learnings and gain great confidence in your craft.
Live and Classroom Sessions
Next Batch Starts Sep/Oct.
12 Weeks / 3 months
10 Weeks Online(Live) and 15 days Bootcamp.
30% Scholarship Available
As part of “NextBigWhat Academy Growth” Scholarship program (valid only till Feb 27th).
You will be part of a cohort.
Learn, Network and Grow.
Learn from 25+ Leaders
Learn from global product leaders across different industries.
“The course blasted the myth that building features is biggest work in product management.Kavindra, Senior Product manager (Oracle)
The other part which I liked is that it was more of practical and less of theory oriented stuff.”
About the Product Management Course
The 12 weeks course helps you develop foundational thinking around building the right product. You will learn to evaluate ideas, use practical frameworks to understand your users, create MVP releases, prioritize features, build roadmaps and importantly, decode the art and science of building great products.
Plus, we unlock new opportunities for you with our career upgrade service – right from access to other product leaders to helping you make the career switch.
25+ guest speakers.
We help you navigate through the world of product leadership – even after the course via our community and conferences networking opportunities.
PM Course Objective
By the end of this course, you will learn to evaluate ideas, use practical frameworks to understand your users, create MVP releases, learn to create powerful GTM plan and various tools you can use.
Packed with practical insights from industry experts, the course will help you:
- Understand the role of a product manager and how the role intersects with others in the organization.
- Idea evaluation / assessment. Doesn’t matter whether you are launching a startup or launching a new product in your company, evaluating ideas needs a certain framework and the course will help you ask the right questions to ask.
- Test product positioning and messaging. With minimal budget, how can one test the hypothesis?
- Navigate the product cycle. Right from MRD to PRD, how do great product leaders navigate between engineering, marketing and sales teams?
- Become a great product leader. The world is looking up to new product leaders. Know what does it take to be one.
Who is this course for
- You are performing engineering/marketing/support or similar role and planning to enter product management role. You want a formal training that ensures a head-start from day one (and post course-completion, you might also look for a career upgrade service, though not applicable to corporate sponsorship).
- You are performing the role of a product manager, but haven’t been through a formal training. You juggle between different responsibilities – you handle operations, talk to customers, you define strategy etc. You are too-deep into your work, and unable to build a high-level picture.
- CXOs: You need a better understanding of customers – tools/techniques to define who your customer is (we have had CTOs, CFOs and CIOs as part of the batch).
- Entrepreneurs: You are somebody who is launching your product in the market or have already launched the product – and now need to grow it by 10X.
- Services company leaders: You are productizing your service and need to build the right framework in place.
The 12 weeks course has been designed in consultation with 25+ product leaders and founders. It will cover the following core modules.
- Transitioning into Product Management Role
How does the role intersects with others in the organization. If you are transitioning from support, engineering or marketing to Product Management role, what do you need to unlearn and learn.
- Finding Product-Market Fit and Beyond
90% products fail. What’s the right way to go about it, then?
- An extremely practical Customer Development Framework will be taught and practiced.
- Design Thinking for Product Managers.
Designing Product Personas and Empathy Maps. Detailing User Stories, story-boarding and ensuring that everybody in the team is on the same boat. We tell you how to go about this.
- The Feature and PRD Drill
Feature X vs Y? What are the right metrics to track? Tools, Frameworks anyone? Product vs. Platform?
- The process behind Product Management scaling: You will take a deeper and practical view of the product management process, in the context of digital product management space.
- Becoming a Brilliant Product Leader.
How much of technology (or marketing) should you really understand? How does one handle product operations? What actually makes an inspiring product leader?
- GTM and Most Common Product Mistakes
The real mistakes are more fundamental than what it shows up on the surface. We walk you through product mistakes often committed by product teams (and how to keep an eye on this). Plus, expect real world examples on product positioning, messaging and GTM strategies.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT COURSE DETAILS
- Next Batch / Cohort Starts September.
- Live sessions are held on weekdays (7PM IST)
- If you cannot make it to the live class, the recorded session will also be available on your LMS.
- 15 days Bootcamp (online, followed by a day of offline bootcamp)
“Our success is totally dependent on your success. And we ensure every help your way.”
- Group Mentorship session with the instructor every alternate week.
- Assignments: At the core of the course are class assignments and home assignments. These assignments are designed to help you practice the sessions and impart a real-world view to what is being taught. You will get detailed feedback on home assignment.
- Live Project: You have an option to do a live project which involves solving a real-world product problem statement from a startup/product company. This is an on-demand feature and mandates that you can dedicate time and effort towards this.
Course Fee & Scholarship
The program fee is
Rs. 75,000 (+tax). We are currently offering Rs. 25,000 scholarship as part of NextBigWhat Academy Scholarship Initiative, which aims to build a product-led growth culture among companies and building the next generation of product leaders.
Program Fee: Rs. 50,000 (+18% tax)
We do have EMI option. Just ask!
|If you want to avail GST benefits||Rs. 59,000 (incl tax)|
|If you don’t want to avail GST benefits|
(transact from US payment gateway)
|Rs. 52,000 (incl tax)|
|Self-paced (no bootcamp)||Rs. 38,000 (incl tax)|
Product Management Certification
You will receive product management certification from NextBigWhat Academy.
The certification is widely recognized by top tier product companies.
And not just this, we also help you with access to companies hiring product managers (by the way, we have a very active Product Job board).
We strongly believe that a great product management course should bring perspectives from many stakeholders - from the founders who have cracked product-market-fit to product managers who have scaled the products to new levels.
The course is led by Ashish Sinha, founder of NextBigWhat - he has led several senior product leadership positions in India and Silicon Valley based companies.
Not 1, 2 or 3, but we bring you more than
10 20+ guests with amazing perspective on building great products!
Ashish has assembled 15+ amazing product minds / growth experts from firms such as Google, Wingify, OLX, ixigo, Urban Ladder, Airbnb, POSist, Minjar and more who will share some of the deepest learning in product management and building great products.
The course introduced to some cool frameworks that I started using in my job. I really enjoyed the interactive sessions with Ashish.Aditya, Principal Product Manager
Contact / Get the Brochure
Please use the form below to contact NextBigWhat Academy Admission team. You can also call us at +91.9742.810481.
Several corporate send their teams to attend the course. Please get in touch with us (using the form above).
Typically for professionals who are either:
- Keen on transitioning from engg, marketing, project management or support/QA, pre-sales roles to Product Management, or
- Have been performing Product Management role, but never went through a formal framework/training, or
- Have been doing product management for the last few months/years, but now need a formal framework understanding to scale up, or
- Really keen on becoming a 10X better product leader.
Apart from having a curious mind, we would expect you to have been through a software/hardware development cycle, in order to better appreciate the practical challenges a product leader deals with.
Yes. You can avail EMI option during the payment checkout process.
The online component of the course is essentially self-paced. The classroom sessions occur every month - so even if you miss it, you can attend the same in the next month.
You will not only be part of the course community where you can interact and learn from everyone else but also have access to a weekly one-on-one call over Skype/Phone (depending on location) with the instructor where you can have your queries cleared. The weekly call will take place on a day and time of your choosing once you begin the course
On an average, 2-3 hours per week.
Please ask and we will revert asap.
Course participants work at companies like this:
Right across startups to big corporate.