One of the key responsibilities of Product Management is collecting and validating the right metrics. However, evaluating and choosing the right metrics is a tougher task than it seems. In this webinar, Tricia Cervenan, Senior Product Manager at Globant provides a great run down of the metrics that should matter and how to go about choosing them for your company.
- Use SMART Metrics: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant & Time-bound
- Avoid Vanity Metrics such as: Daily Active Users (DAU), Monthly Active Users (MAU), Downloads, Sessions.
- Focus on Actionable Metrics: User Conversion, User Churn, Revenue, Retention etc.
- How to get to actionable metrics: a. State what you want to know –> b. Revisit the 5 Whys –> c. “Now what do I do?”
- Segment users comprehensively.
- Run tests.
Want to kickstart your product management career? Go for our ProductGeeks Product Management Course and become a 10X better product leader!