The summer edition of Proto is slated for 21st & 22nd July@ IIT, Chennai. And let me assure you that this edition of Proto is really HOT – not because of it’s venue (i.e. Chennai:), but because of the big ticket VCs that are participating in this event.
Few of the big names are:: Sequoia Capital, GreyLock Ventures, Canaan Partners, Footprint Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Ventureast, NEA-IndoUS Ventures, Plus Ventures, Reliance Capital, Intel Capital, Nadathur Holdings,Band of Angels, iLab Ventures, Matrix Partners, SeedFund, Passion Fund, Mentor Partners, [and many more..].
If you are a startup, you know the stakes. It just can’t get bigger than this.
I did a podcast with Vijay Anand, one of the key organizers of Proto. In this podcast, Vijay shares his insights on Proto [what/how/why..and more!] and answers the following questions::
- What is Proto?
- What’s the process of nomination, filteration, and how does the VC interaction begin?
- Is Proto only for early stage startups?
- How much time does a startup has [to present the demo to VCs]?
- Couple of startups are interested in attending Proto more for networking purpose [and not for funding]. How do they go about it?
- Is there a fee for participation?
Dates to remember:
- Nominations will close on June 5th, 2007
- Proto’s dates are: July 21st and 22nd [@IIT Chennai]
Numbers you should know::
- Out of the nominated companies, 30 will be selected to showcase/demo their product.
- And only these companies will have to pay Rs. 10,000 for the event [nomination is free].
- Individuals will have to pay Rs.1,000 to attend the event. [listen to the podcast to know why!]
- Startups will have 6 minutes [or maybe a minute more] to demo their product.
stay pluGGd.in: ‘coz we are up for more action [read: podcasts with startups and product reviews] in the coming days.
Exciting times ahead!
By the way, if you have questions for Proto organizers, please leave them in the comments section. I will follow up with Vijay and post them here.
tagged: proto, protose2007