Worldwide, investments have followed the downward route, but the good news is that Q2 2009 numbers have fared better than Q1.
Private Equity (PE) firms invested about US$888 million across 44 deals during the quarter ended June 2009, significantly lower as compared to last year numbers ($2,587 million across 92 deals), but marginally better than Q1 2009, which registered $612 million across 43 deals (via)
- IT & ITES industry registered 12 deals worth $67 million,
- Healthcare & Life Sciences – 6 deals worth $129 million.
- BFSI – 6 deals worth $116 million.
Deal Stage Breakup
- Late Stage and VC-type investments accounted for 15 deals (34%) each
- As far the deal size is concerned, Quippo telecom’s Rs. 600 crore was among the highest, followed by Norwest Venture’s 2.1% stake in NSE.
Related: Cleantech Investment in India – $131mn Raised in Q2 2009 Get the entire Funding story from India