New York based Indian music streaming company, Saavn has announced partnership with Bollywood actor, Ranbir Kapoor who will join Saavn as a creative collaborator. Kapoor will work side-by-side with the Saavn team on consumer marketing ideation and production, business development and content.
Saavn claims to have a catalog of almost 2 million tracks from both Indian and U.S. record labels, will be rolling out a suite of new consumer-facing products and partnerships over the next couple of months, in which Kapoor’s input and ideation will play a major role. The company recently got access to T-series catalogues, which is a big deal.
Saavn competitor, Hungama recently announced closing its $40mn funding round.
– Recommended Read : What’s Wrong With India’s (Online) Music Industry? No, It’s Not Piracy
- Salman Khan picked up a stake in Yatra
- Karishma Kapoor Invested in Babyoye
- Neha Dhupia Launched HerStyle, an Online Store Selling Lingerie, Nightwear and Thermals.
- Zaheer khan announced investment in Exclusively (acquired by Myntra).
- Shilpa Shetty invested in a group buying site.
- Ajay Devgan launched TicketPlease, Entertainment Plus Ticketing Site.