The government-appointed auditors have found that Reliance Communication has inflated revenues of the order of Rs 2,915 crores and also evaded licence fee of Rs 315 crore.
DoT is awaiting the report of four other companies namely Tata Teleservices, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea from the respective auditors appointed by it and the government, if warranted, will take necessary action after examining the reports. – source
Owing to this discrepancy, the revenue share license fee model is being questioned by government. Since there is no single license fee structure (While the revenue share licence fee for metro and A category circles like Delhi and Mumbai is 10% of the adjusted gross revenue of a company (AGR), it is 8% for B category and 6% for C-category circles. Further, national and international long-distance licence has a fee at 6%. Internet service providers who do not provide Internet telephony pay a token licence fee of Re 1. ), companies book growth where the licence fee payable is lower (source)
Top Sites in India
Another release from Komli’s Vizisense –
- Ebay takes a huge lead as the most popular eCommerce site.
- Shaadi.com moves ahead to claim its place as the No. 1 matrimonial site.
- Travian tops the Gaming site rankings;
- Yahoo! Jagran is the most popular Hindi language portal.
- Sports category experiences the largest increase in online activity as a result of cricket fever in September (Y!Cricket ahead of Cricinfo). – details
More @ India News Channel