Rediff’s Q3 08 results follow the industry trend:
- Advertising revenues for Rediff India dropped 41% (compared to same quarter, 2007; and 34% compared to last quarter)) : $4.1 million.
- Total # of Advertisers : 229.
- US publishing dropped 29% compared to last quarter, and 50% compared to same quarter, 2007 : $1.2 million
- Total revenues stands at $5.3million – 38% drop compared to same quarter, 2007; and 29% in comparison to last quarter.
- Registered user base stands at 75 million.
No significant growth in traffic since Dec 2007.
What do you think is happening with Rediff? Time to innovate (rather than bet on primitive products, like webinmail?)?[Download Q3 2008 financials, earning slides]
If you were a consultant to Rediff, what would you recommend?